What are wrinkle relaxers and what do they do? Neurotoxins (we refer to them as “toxins”), when injected into muscle tissue, will temporarily relax small muscle groups that cause wrinkles. These compounds block nerve signals to the brain so that the brain stops instructing these treated muscles to move. Thus, your wrinkled forehead, crows feet, etc. can melt away when you work with an expert injector.
Reduce fine lines and wrinkles and enjoy a fresher, smoother look. Toxins do address some anti-aging concerns, however you may be experiencing some age-related volume loss as well. These are concerns to ask your injector about. Additionally, proper skin health (especially hydration) helps to enhance the skin-smoothing results of wrinkle relaxers like Botox.
How does Botox & Dysport work?
Botox and Dysport, also called neuromodulators, work by blocking the nerve signals that tell your muscles to contract. The effect is temporary weakness or paralysis of the targeted facial muscles to smooth or eliminate wrinkles on the skin. These injections have become very popular for reducing wrinkles and rejuvenating the aging face.
How Long Does Botox Last?
The effects are temporary, and typically lasts 3-4 months.
*Individual results may vary*
When Will My Botox Start Working?
It takes from 2-7 days to begin to see results from neuromodulators. Full effect will be seen in 2-3 weeks. You may require additional units at a subsequent follow-up visit within two weeks.
How Much Botox Will I Need?
Every persons dosage varies based on their individual anatomy, their age, and their desired results. Males usually require more than females. People with stronger muscles may require more. Neuromodulators will not fill any wrinkles/lines; they work by relaxing and smoothing the moving lines. Average dosage is between 30-60 units.
The most commonly treated areas:
- Forehead Wrinkles
- Frown Lines
- Crows Feet
- Eyebrow Lift
- Marionette Lines
- Bunny Lines
- Smoker’s Lines
- Axilla (armpits) for hyperhidrosis
Consultations Are Available Now
Take the first step. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about your specific needs so you can select the best treatment option for you.
Book online for a complementary in-person consultation or call our offices directly to schedule at (213) 866-DRIP.
Don’t wait! Call us today.
— Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
— Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
— Do not use BOTOX® or DYSPORT® if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders.
* Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment. *
7 Days Before Treatment:
- To prevent bruising: AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules
- AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
3 Days Before Treatment:
- AVOID topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or other “anti-aging” products. Also AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
Day of Procedure
- Arrive to the office with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
- You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days. You may have bruises in the areas treated.
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment.
- Do NOT receive facial/laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
- It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional Botox. You are charged for the amount of product used. Therefore, you will be charged for a product used during any touch-up or subsequent appointments.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 24 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not elsewhere.
- Avoid putting on makeup for 12 hours.