PRP JOINT PAIN & INJURY
PRP, also known as platelet rich plasma, has been used in various other fields of medicine for more than 20 years. We use the body’s own platelets to release an abundance of growth factors to help speed up soft tissue and wound healing. With PRP therapy, we inject those concentrated healing factors directly into where we want to stimulate recovery.
PRP therapies are especially beneficial for soft tissue that lacks significant blood flow — injured or diseased articular cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and muscles — and is popular for those with orthopedic injuries.
Cartilage and fluid within the hip joints may be rebuilt and regenerated through PRP therapy. Reinjected cells may accelerate the natural repair process of degenerated and injured tendons, ligaments, and arthritic joints.
Benefits of PRP Therapy:
- Pain and stiffness in the joints are greatly reduced with PRP injections. Platelets reduce inflammation in joints and repair damaged tissue. A PRP treatment provides fast, safe, and effective healing for those suffering from arthritis or joint pain.
- Minimal side effects with Platelet Rich Plasma Injections. They are safe and minimally invasive. You are not at risk of allergic reactions or rejection as the blood is taken from your body and does not introduce a foreign substance.
- No significant downtime is one of the advantages of PRP being minimally invasive. It is possible to experience some minor soreness in the hips or knees for a few weeks following the procedure. As a result, the patient heals faster and returns to normal activities more quickly.
- Heal sports injuries in record time using PRP therapy. If your joint pain is from a sports injury or trauma, there is no better way to heal the ligaments, muscles, and soft tissue surrounding your hip or knee joint than with PRP. Most patients experience the benefits of PRP just weeks after their first injection.
PRP is a safe treatment option that promotes tissue regeneration, ligament, and joint healing. If hip or knee pain significantly affects your everyday life, PRP therapy may provide significant pain relief and improved mobility.
What Conditions Have Been Treated?
- Tennis Elbow
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Hip Pain & Tendonitis
- Shoulder Pain & Stiffness
- Low back pain
- Knee Pain
- Wrist/Hand Pain
- Meniscus Tears
- Athletic Sprains
- Muscle Tears
- Ligament Tears
- Shoulder Pain
- Hip Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Other Joint Injuries and More
Lessen inflammation and improve joint function
Besides rebuilding damaged tissue, PRP injections also reduce inflammation and pain, and stimulate joint lubrication. This lubrication eases joints’ stiffness and restores more of their overall function.
One study gave PRP injections to patients with osteoarthritis in their knees. After six weeks, each patient had less pain and stiffness, and better knee function.
How to lessen joint pain
Whether your joint pain is from arthritis, a sports injury, or one of the many other possible causes, you can find relief from PRP treatment. When you visit one of our offices, located in Frederick, Waldorf, and Germantown, Maryland, one of our providers performs a thorough exam to pinpoint the origin of your joint pain.
Once we find the cause, we start building your PRP treatment plan. Your joint health might improve with only one PRP injection. But if your pain is from a degenerative condition like arthritis, additional injections can slow the progression.
You can learn more about PRP injections when you visit RenewMe Medspa. Give us a call, send us a message here on our website, or use the convenient online booking feature.
Combining PRP with Ozone for Pain Management
RenewMe Medspa is at the forefront of the fields of pain management and regenerative medicine, employing cutting-edge procedures to provide the best pain management and pain therapy outcomes to patients seeking pain relief. One of these advanced methods includes combining platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with ozone therapy. PRP’s regenerative and pain-relieving benefits are established and can be further augmented with ozone therapy. This is an extremely safe procedure based on O3’s powerful pathogen-neutralizing properties to aid in healing by reducing inflammation and boosting the immune system. The therapeutic benefits of ozone include: – Potent regulator of the immune system – Increasing antioxidant protection – Stimulating increased uptake of oxygen – powerful mitochondrial stimulant – improving circulation. This is combined with PRP’s large reservoirs of bioactive proteins and growth factors that aid in tissue repair and regeneration, resulting in a potent combination that promotes healing. Together, they will deliver even better outcomes for patients seeking relief from pain and can enhance other treatments as well.
Want to learn more about this combo? Contact us at (213) 866-3747 to schedule a free consultation with our physician!
Consultations Are Available Now
Take the first step. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about your specific needs so you can select the best treatment option for you.
Book online for a complementary in-person consultation or call our offices directly to schedule at (213) 866-DRIP.
Don’t wait! Call us today.